Monday, February 12, 2007

 

ATI linux driver kernel 2.6.20

I found the following information on how to fix the ATI linux driver for kernel 2.6.20:

Kernel 2.6.20 + FGLRX 8.33.6 = not compiling


Here is what I did:

I downloaded and installed newest ati drivers (ati-driver-installer-8.33.3-x86_64.run)

After installation, I just downloaded the patch and (as a root):

cd /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod

patch -p6 < {path to patch}/fglrx-2.6.20.patch

./make.sh

cd ..

./make_install.sh

And then restart X (of course you might to need to modify your xorg.conf if you are doing new install of ati fglrx drivers).

Hi follow these steps and fix the problem for me...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]